Warner Bros. Television takes a massive bite out of the Big Apple during New York Comic Con (NYCC) October 8–11 with six series that include Gotham (Mondays 8/7c on FOX), Supergirl (Mondays 8/7c on CBS), Blindspot (Mondays 10/9c on NBC), Person of Interest (Midseason on CBS), DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Midseason on The CW) and Containment (Midseason on The CW); plus, a brand-new series, Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production (Mondays 8/7c on Boomerang), from Warner Bros. Animation.
Confirmed to attend New York Comic Con 2015 for panel sessions with fans include:
- Gotham’s Ben McKenzie, Robin Lord Taylor, Cory Michael Smith, James Frain, Jessica Lucas and executive producer John Stephens
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’s Brandon Routh, Arthur Darvill, Caity Lotz, Ciara Renée, executive producer Phil Klemmer and director Glen Winter
- Blindspot’s Sullivan Stapleton, Jaimie Alexander, Rob Brown, Audrey Esparza, Ashley Johnson, Marianne Jean-Baptiste and executive producer Martin Gero
- Supergirl’s stars and executive producer Ali Adler
- Person of Interest’s Michael Emerson, Kevin Chapman, Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi
- Containment’s David Gyasi, Chris Wood, Claudia Black, Hanna Mangan Lawrence and executive producer Julie Plec
- Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production’s Jeff Bergman, Bob Bergen and producer Gary Hartle
For the third year at NYCC, Warner Bros. Television will host preview night screenings at the Main Stage on Thursday, October 8. Fans will not only view the complete pilot episodes of the hotly anticipated series Supergirl (series premiere Monday, October 26, 8:30/7:30c on CBS),Containment (series premiere Midseason on The CW) and Lucifer (series premiere Midseason on FOX), but also a sneak peek of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (series premiere Midseason on The CW).
Confirmed WBTV panelists will participate in autograph signings taking place the same day as the panel in the NYCC Autographing Area. NYCC signings are first come, first serve and times are as follows:
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10
- 3:00–3:30 p.m. Containment
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11
- 11:00–11:30 a.m. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
- 11:45–12:15 p.m. Supergirl
- 12:30–1:00 p.m. Blindspot
- 1:15–1:45 p.m. Person of Interest
- 1:45–2:30 p.m. Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production
- 2:00–2:45 p.m. Gotham
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION SCREENINGS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8
7:00–9:30 p.m. (Main Stage) WBTV Pilot Screenings: For the third year in a row, Warner Bros. Television offers an advance viewing of pilot episodes; this year, check out three of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015–16 television season — Supergirl, Containment andLucifer — as well as a sneak peek of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
- Supergirl: In the vast DC Comics Universe of super heroes, the rich mythology of Superman and the planet Krypton is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El, but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Now age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her foster sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world.
- Containment: When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure in Containment. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise.
- Lucifer: The story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, he feels something awaken deep within him for the first time in roughly 10 billion years. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: When heroes alone are not enough … the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat —one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. From the creators of The Flash and Arrow comes this super hero team-up unlike anything that’s ever been seen on television before.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION SESSIONS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10
- 5:15–6:15 p.m. (Room 1A06) Containment (Midseason on The CW): When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Containment makes its New York Comic-Con debut with a special screening of the entire pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars David Gyasi (Interstellar), Chris Wood (The Vampire Diaries), Claudia Black (The Originals), Hanna Mangan Lawrence (Spartacus:Vengeance) and executive producerJulie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Containment is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Plec, David Nutter (The Flash, Arrow), Matt Corman (Covert Affairs) and Chris Ord (Covert Affairs). Become a fan on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CWContainment and follow the show on Twitter at @cwcontainment.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11
12:15-1:15 p.m. (Room 1A10) Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production Special Video Presentation and Q&A: Get ready for an afternoon of hilarity and hijinks as the looniest animation studio in the world, Warner Bros. Animation, showcases the hilarious, heroic and mischievous Bugs Bunny that everyone loves in Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production. Join producer Gary Hartle (The Mask) and members of the voice cast, Jeff Bergman and Bob Bergen (The Looney Tunes Show), for a look at this new animated series featuring Bugs in all-new shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against — and getting the best of — classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production premieres Monday, October 5th at 8/7c on Boomerang.
1:30 p.m. (Empire Stage) Warner Bros. Television Takeover: Join stars and producers from five Warner Bros. Television series — Gotham, Supergirl, Blindspot, Person of Interest andDC’s Legends of Tomorrow — for exclusive footage, a pilot screening and a Q&A on the Empire Stage.
- Gotham: Special Video Presentation and Q&A —The hit series returns to New York Comic-Con for its second year as Jim Gordon continues his quest to clean up Gotham City, but the stakes are higher than ever in season two as we witness the Rise of the Villains. Join series stars Ben McKenzie (Southland), Robin Lord Taylor (The Walking Dead), Cory Michael Smith (Olive Kitteridge), James Frain (True Blood) and Jessica Lucas (Cloverfield) with executive producer John Stephens (Gossip Girl) for a special Q&A. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham airs Mondays at 8/7c on FOX. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFox, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.
- Supergirl Pilot Screening and Q&A – Born on the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-El escaped its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Attendees will see a screening of the complete pilot, followed by a Q&A with series stars and executive producer Ali Adler (Chuck). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supergirl will premiere Monday, October 26th on CBS at a special time of 8:30 p.m., before moving to its regularly scheduled time of Mondays at 8/7c. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SupergirlCBS and follow the show on Twitter at @SupergirlCBS.
- Blindspot: Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton stars as hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos … including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map that is Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations — and the information they uncover might ultimately change the world. Join series stars Sullivan Stapleton, Jaimie Alexander, Rob Brown (Treme), Audrey Esparza (Public Morals), Ashley Johnson(The Killing), Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Without a Trace) and executive producer Martin Gero for a revealing Q&A. From Warner Bros. Television and Berlanti Productions, Blindspot airs Mondays at 10/9c on NBC. Become a fan on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NBCBlindspot and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCBlindspot.
- Person of Interest: Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Person of Interestreturns to New York for the fifth year! Join the discussion with stars Michael Emerson,Kevin Chapman, Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi as the science “fiction” of Person of Interest stays one step ahead of real-world events. John Reese (Jim Caviezel) and Harold Finch (Michael Emerson) have saved countless lives thanks to the omniscience of their supercomputer and their crack team of brave misfits — NYPD detective Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman), the unpredictable cyber-hacker Root (Amy Acker), and missing-in-action operative Sameen Shaw (Sarah Shahi) — but a new threat puts their mission in jeopardy and their lives in even more danger. Samaritan, the rival AI, has initiated its lethal “correction.” Finch’s Machine is essentially dead. Shaw is still missing. And the team is once again hiding in plain sight. But with Samaritan’s invisible grip tightening everywhere, will Finch be able to rebuild and resurrect The Machine? And if he does, will it be the same Machine when it comes back online? From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Person of Interest returns Midseason for its fifth season on CBS. Become a fan on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/PersonofInterestCBS and follow the show on Twitter at @PersonInterest.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A – When heroes alone are not enough … the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront the immortal threat of Vandal Savage. Attendees will be treated to a sneak peek at upcoming footage from the show, followed and Q&A with series stars Brandon Routh (Superman Returns), Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who), Caity Lotz (Arrow), Ciara Renée and executive producers Phil Klemmer (The Tomorrow People) and Glen Winter (Arrow). From Berlanti Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will premiere Midseason on The CW. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWLegendsOfTomorrow and follow the show on Twitter at @TheCW_Legends.
- PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
You must be logged in to post a comment.